Edison weather station: pretty much done!

So finally I think I’m generally done with my Edison wireless weather station, parts of which I’ve described in earlier posts. After some tweaking and polishing the code today + finally assembling all the sensor modules and the base module into their enclosures, it’s now in “production” :) Here’s a peek at how modules look like in enclosures:

Edison weather station: enclosures for sensor modules are ready

Just a quick update on sensor modules. I’ve prepared two out of four sensor modules with enclosures and sensors attached. See below for photos, but general idea is simple – sensor on the outside, attached by a drop of glue from a glue gun, Arduino 101 inside connected by standard male-to-female cables. I had to solder pins extracted from a … Continue reading

Edison wireless weather station now has local sensors

Further progress on the Edison wireless weather station project I’ve described in an earlier blog post. I’ve added the base module sensors and even though I initially looked at using the same DHT-22/AM2302 I used on sensor modules, it turned out to be not feasible on Edison’s Kit for Arduino. Due to all the muxes, it’s not easy to toggle … Continue reading

Arduino 101 + Edison = perfect match, see yourself

It’s been a while since my last post, the time was well spent though. Aside from adding various packages to the Edison and Galileo repositories, I’ve created materials for an Edison workshop – short training intended for everyone to get a basic understanding of what this board can do with a hands-on Python project. See details here. Another thing I … Continue reading